Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Kissing with Helmets
Last Saturday our good friends Edie Perkins and Brett Cleaver (who worked at the NYC Cycle Club and races for Rapha Racing NYC) said their vows, exchanged rings and sealed it with a kiss. They then hopped a cross-country flight for Portland to be reunited with their his & her IF Crown Jewels that will take them back to NYC—one pedal stroke at a time.
To know Brett even a little is to know that whatever he does, he does with style and detailed coordination. Edie, it turns out was a 2:52 marathoner not long ago (humbly sharing that she was a women's top-20 at the Boston Marathon in 2004) and can likely tear the legs of most of us. Let's just say the are a strong, strong riding couple.
However, once you load 80 pounds of packs (and for some reason you (Brett) decided that neither of you should ride a triple or at least a compact on the front), anything can happen. But, like life and marriage, it's figuring it out as you go that makes the journey worthwhile.
You can follow along with them at Kissing With Helmets for the next six weeks as they honeymoon their way back home to New York.
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP
- RT @racefietsblog: Leuk, de Alpe d' Quiz van @RaphaRacing is begonnen! 3 weken elke dag een andere prijs http://t.co/QiWhfY8hXy @rapha_euro…
- The @rapharacing #festive500 is back. Once again we challenge riders worldwide to clock 500km between 24-31 Dec. → http://t.co/HmgDlUJTiI
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g