We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Kissing with Helmets
Last Saturday our good friends Edie Perkins and Brett Cleaver (who worked at the NYC Cycle Club and races for Rapha Racing NYC) said their vows, exchanged rings and sealed it with a kiss. They then hopped a cross-country flight for Portland to be reunited with their his & her IF Crown Jewels that will take them back to NYC—one pedal stroke at a time.
To know Brett even a little is to know that whatever he does, he does with style and detailed coordination. Edie, it turns out was a 2:52 marathoner not long ago (humbly sharing that she was a women's top-20 at the Boston Marathon in 2004) and can likely tear the legs of most of us. Let's just say the are a strong, strong riding couple.
However, once you load 80 pounds of packs (and for some reason you (Brett) decided that neither of you should ride a triple or at least a compact on the front), anything can happen. But, like life and marriage, it's figuring it out as you go that makes the journey worthwhile.
You can follow along with them at Kissing With Helmets for the next six weeks as they honeymoon their way back home to New York.
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries