We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Kissing with Helmets
Last Saturday our good friends Edie Perkins and Brett Cleaver (who worked at the NYC Cycle Club and races for Rapha Racing NYC) said their vows, exchanged rings and sealed it with a kiss. They then hopped a cross-country flight for Portland to be reunited with their his & her IF Crown Jewels that will take them back to NYC—one pedal stroke at a time.
To know Brett even a little is to know that whatever he does, he does with style and detailed coordination. Edie, it turns out was a 2:52 marathoner not long ago (humbly sharing that she was a women's top-20 at the Boston Marathon in 2004) and can likely tear the legs of most of us. Let's just say the are a strong, strong riding couple.
However, once you load 80 pounds of packs (and for some reason you (Brett) decided that neither of you should ride a triple or at least a compact on the front), anything can happen. But, like life and marriage, it's figuring it out as you go that makes the journey worthwhile.
You can follow along with them at Kissing With Helmets for the next six weeks as they honeymoon their way back home to New York.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…