We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Jersey Pocket Stuff: Week Two
Michael Cloidt took home the Rapha Essentials Case this time around. Not only were his pockets well packed for his ride, but they were also well displayed on the Rapha Facebook page. The choice becomes harder each week as the number of submissions almost doubled. If nothing else it is a great way to see what people a) wear when they ride b) carry with them in their pockets and c) show their sense of humor on Facebook. There were a few in the running this time around and my attention was caught by not only the variation on a theme by the Dave Wyman, but the humorous contributions all around.
There were a few contributions from the ladies. One that included using the Essentials Case to "host jelly babies." There were short rides with lots of food, long rides with not so much food and one with a big watermelon. There were the headphones, whether you like them or not. If it is not something that you have had the time to notice, you should do so now. There are many different styles of riding and just as many types of people riding bikes. All of them right. Sure, we may not agree with them because they do not match up perfectly with our own personal styles of riding (or listening, or smoking, or helmet wearing) but they are never wrong.
The runner up prize of hi-fives go to Dave Wyman and Bill Newton. Dave posted a photo of his phone (top) after he had taken the photo of the contents of his pockets. How he did it, whether it be with smoke and mirrors or just plain magic we will never know, but he gets props for mixing it up a bit. Bill on the other hand gets the award for simplicity with his Rapha + Paul Smith T-shirt and Black Grand Tour Glove combination.
All in all this has a been a hard contest to judge. What merits a great shot of the contents of ones jersey pocket? The arrangement, color scheme, use of Rapha product, addition of humorous touches? All of these things are are just in their own right which makes the choosing hard. So, thanks to everyone who has participated. Below you will find another contribution from one of our own.
Mike Spriggs lives and works in New York City, he was the General Manager for our Cycle Club when it was there, but before that (and after) he had a website called Gage & Desoto. There you will find some of the most interesting t-shirts, curious and printed materials that this cycling life has to offer. He is also the Managing Editor for our very own SURVEY.
Ride: "Chinese Bakery Ride"- NYC to Tenafly NJ - 45 miles, a lovely 99 degrees.
My Rapha Lightweight Jersey holds:
iPhone/headphones in the patented G+D iPhone waterproof case (ok, not patented, just a Uline 3"×5" poly zip bag)
Lezyne Road Drive Pump (Medium)
Cash, card + ID for coffee and emergency (but most likely for a coffee emergency).
Larabar (NOT a Luna Bar, which apparently is for pregnant women. But everyone makes fun of me for them anyway.)
Rapha Essentials Case: spare tube, Park IB-1 Multitool, Pedros tire lever
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP