Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Jersey Pocket Stuff: Week Two
Michael Cloidt took home the Rapha Essentials Case this time around. Not only were his pockets well packed for his ride, but they were also well displayed on the Rapha Facebook page. The choice becomes harder each week as the number of submissions almost doubled. If nothing else it is a great way to see what people a) wear when they ride b) carry with them in their pockets and c) show their sense of humor on Facebook. There were a few in the running this time around and my attention was caught by not only the variation on a theme by the Dave Wyman, but the humorous contributions all around.
There were a few contributions from the ladies. One that included using the Essentials Case to "host jelly babies." There were short rides with lots of food, long rides with not so much food and one with a big watermelon. There were the headphones, whether you like them or not. If it is not something that you have had the time to notice, you should do so now. There are many different styles of riding and just as many types of people riding bikes. All of them right. Sure, we may not agree with them because they do not match up perfectly with our own personal styles of riding (or listening, or smoking, or helmet wearing) but they are never wrong.
The runner up prize of hi-fives go to Dave Wyman and Bill Newton. Dave posted a photo of his phone (top) after he had taken the photo of the contents of his pockets. How he did it, whether it be with smoke and mirrors or just plain magic we will never know, but he gets props for mixing it up a bit. Bill on the other hand gets the award for simplicity with his Rapha + Paul Smith T-shirt and Black Grand Tour Glove combination.
All in all this has a been a hard contest to judge. What merits a great shot of the contents of ones jersey pocket? The arrangement, color scheme, use of Rapha product, addition of humorous touches? All of these things are are just in their own right which makes the choosing hard. So, thanks to everyone who has participated. Below you will find another contribution from one of our own.
Mike Spriggs lives and works in New York City, he was the General Manager for our Cycle Club when it was there, but before that (and after) he had a website called Gage & Desoto. There you will find some of the most interesting t-shirts, curious and printed materials that this cycling life has to offer. He is also the Managing Editor for our very own SURVEY.
Ride: "Chinese Bakery Ride"- NYC to Tenafly NJ - 45 miles, a lovely 99 degrees.
My Rapha Lightweight Jersey holds:
iPhone/headphones in the patented G+D iPhone waterproof case (ok, not patented, just a Uline 3"×5" poly zip bag)
Lezyne Road Drive Pump (Medium)
Cash, card + ID for coffee and emergency (but most likely for a coffee emergency).
Larabar (NOT a Luna Bar, which apparently is for pregnant women. But everyone makes fun of me for them anyway.)
Rapha Essentials Case: spare tube, Park IB-1 Multitool, Pedros tire lever
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb