We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Jersey Pocket Stuff: Week Three
The winner of the Jersey Pocket Stuff Week Three goes to Andy Shaw who put together this great photo of his Croix de Fer jersey. I am sure that the 4 salami sandwiches helped him get through his 75 mile ride in Scotland. There is one week left for the competition as August quickly comes to a close. The winner of the last week of the Jersey Pocket Stuff will receive a WHITE Rapha Essentials Case. (Did you know that these little beauties exist?) Thanks to everyone who has participated so far, it has been a great experiment in what people carry with them when they ride. Click through to see what Rapha Continental rider Tony Periera carried with him on his Birthday Mountain Bike ride and Timbuk2 Art Director, Bin Chen takes with him when he rides through the streets of San Francisco.
The contrast here is wonderful. Seeing Portland framebuilder Tony Pereira of Pereira Cycles descend on a road bike is a thing of beauty. His skills on the mountain bike trails of the Pacific Northwest (honed by years in Salt Lake City) are the stuff of legend. See here what he takes with him on his birthday.
Tony Pereira ---
Ride: Growler's Gulch birthday MTB ride. 21mi, 3200' climbing
Rapha Otto Miller Jersey
PBJ, cookies, banana
Topeak Mountain Morph
Screwdriver from my '83 Audi
Real allen wrenches (2.5,3,4,5,6,8)
spare brake pads, chain tool, friction tape
Lone Wolf U.S. 45
two tubes, patch kit, Park tire lever,
The flip-side of this is a nice cruise through the city. Throughout the Jersey Pocket Competition there have been submissions with some of the jerseys and shirts that are available through the Rapha City Line. We all know that road rides are not the only way to go, so it is great to see these other examples and with a city like San Francisco there are plenty of places to ride and sit, have a fag, take some notes and just behold a city full of wonder.
Bin Chen ----
Ride: San Francisco, California; 24th and Mission up to Golden Gate Bridge, to Baker Beach and pitstop, loop back through Richmond District - 20 miles
Rapha + Paul Smith Polo Shirt
iPhone inside a Timbuk2 x Mission Cycling Wallet with credit cards/ID
Keys and bottle opener
pocket memopad and Tombow clip pen
Presto correctional fluid pen
YMFY lighter with papers
Just a reminder, next week is the final week of the Rapha Facebook Page - Jersey Pocket Stuff Competition. Go for a ride, enjoy it, then when you are finished, take a photo and paste it on the Facebook wall.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.