[ locale string ]
Jersey Pocket Stuff: Week Four
The Jersey Stuff Competition on the Rapha Facebook Page is officially closed. But, that doesn't mean that you should pack up your toys (or tubes, tire levers, a pump, your phone, maybe a picture of your dog, a wallet and some rolling papers) and go home. Quite the opposite in fact. With over one hundred people participating — and more than twice that number commenting on the posts — this became an interesting and at times humorous glimpse into one facet of the Cyclist. What do you take with you when you ride your bicycle? Some pockets were stuffed for a long day in the saddle, training miles or a summer ride while others were trips to the grocery, errands, a watermelon and in one case the pockets of someone working a pedicab in San Francisco. Each person right and each pocket a window into the world of these cyclists. But, who will be the final winner? While you are contemplating that take a look at another submission.
This one comes from one of our very own Survey photographers Steven Nereo. Aside from writing for websites like The Huffington Post, Wired and hopefully Outside Magazines sometime soon, Steven is the creator of a funny dating advice website called Sex and the Single Ape. His submission comes from a Friday afternoon hooky ride through the outskirts of Los Angeles.
Ride: Friday afternoon work-hooky single speed cx urbanventure. Elysian park, Griffith Park and random mini trails in between.
Blackburn mini pump
HTC Eris phone modified with performance enhancing beer sticker
iPod shuffle that never got used
Notes picked up on the way home from an Embrocation Cycling Journal assignment article about Golden Saddle Cyclery
Walnuts picked up at farmer's market for the evenings brown rice and broccoli experiment of which the quarters were change.
Park Tool AWS-1 4, 5, 6 mm Y-wrench
Spotted: A hawk I almost hit with my wheel, no idea where he came from. A bobcat, which I've never seen in 10 years of Los Angeles biking. A curious coyote, which you can see on any day of Los Angeles biking and my best friend from high school also playing work-hookey.
In the words of Ice Cube, Today was a good day.
Thanks to everyone who contributed their photos and mini-tales. Keep an eye out in the coming days for the final winner as well as the possibility of a new way to play in September, which, at least where we are from means one thing in particular - Cyclocross Season.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…