[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Every year the cycling industry descends upon Las Vegas. The land of neon and excess that houses the trade show we have been waiting all year to attend. Did I just say that?
What do you do when you are at Interbike?
Check out the new line of Ridley bicycles? Maybe stop in over at Fizik and pick up their "Black Book" (beautiful little catalog piece)? Possibly, while you are wandering through the aisles you'll stop by the Knog booth as well. Who knows what these guys have planned this year but last year they had the best booth. Hands down. And that was judged exclusively by me and no one else.
Keep an eye out for Tyler from Independent Fabrication. He will be walking around the show and if you snag him he could probably talk you through one of his bikes at the show. Apparently there will be one in the Edge booth.
And Embrocation Cycling Journal? Well, those guys are crazy and always have something up their collective sleeve.
From there, when you've had your fill of the show, jump on one of the shuttles and head over to Cross Vegas. Last year this race was huge, it was Lance's official return to cycling (he flew in from his press conference the day of) and this year I have a feeling that it is going to be bigger. All of the Cross stars from the US, plus even a few Euro's will be racing there (can we call Jonathan Page a Euro now?).
What do you do when the race is over? It is Vegas and everything is open all night so you can do pretty much anything you want. Bars will be open. Slot machines will be waiting to be plugged with your nickels. Or you could do something decidedly different and head to another part of town.
The Artisan Hotel is a short distance off the hustle and bustle of the Las Vegas strip. And that is exactly why it has been chosen as the site for our little gathering. Quaint? Well, I don't know if I would say that, but interesting none the less. In the coming weeks before the show I'll make an attempt to highlight some of the more interesting ideas and concepts that we will have on display at this gathering.
Concepts like "what indeed do Rapha Gentlemen (and women) drink during an night out on the town?"
Join us won't you?
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX