We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Interbike 2010: Cross Vegas
Photos by Dan Sharp
The time has come. Each year the "Start of the Cyclocross Season" is a hotly contested battle. One party, usually from the East Coast says that it happens with the kick off of the Verge New England Series. Others, generally from the West Coast, cite last weekends Starcrossed as the perfect commencement. But what happens if they meet in the middle?
There is no disputing that Interbike's Cross Vegas is really where the kid gloves come off. The road season has officially ended and the Cross riders who make their seasons possible by racing on the road are free to officially — do their thing.
Well, if that is the case, then tomorrow night is the night. Rapha and FOCUS Bikes have come together to present you with yet another reason to pay attention to this illustrious race — not to mention that Yakima Racks has put together a fire-breathing, laser shooting, giant preying mantis — but that is beside the point. Cylocross is now, that is the point.
If you have been watching the release of the current Autumn/Winter collection you may have gotten a quick glimpse of both Chris Jones and Zach McDonald as they show off the seasons new Cyclocross offerings. Follow along this season with Team Rapha FOCUS.
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX