We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
We here at Rapha North America packed up the Van and headed to Las Vegas, Nevada last week for the annual Bicycle Industry Tradeshow known as Interbike. Each year the bike industry descends upon this desert wasteland to get together and talk about the state of the bicycle industry.
There were more than a few interesting booth spaces to check out, but the one that I kept coming back to was the Fi'zi:k and Brooks booth. There were a few reasons for this. The main one was that they were pulling shots of fresh espresso and it was the perfect way to start your day at the show.
Another was the Freeman Transport Gravel Racer hanging out in their booth, which was decked out with one of the products that really caught my eye this year. The Brooks Brick Lane Roll Up Panniers look to be the perfect addition to any commuter bicycle out there. The rustic look of the waxed cotton gives it a rough and tumble feeling, but the leather finishings and magnetic flap closures are the nice touches you expect from a company like Brooks
On the Cyclocross end of things there were a few other interesting things observe. Apparently Kenda came out with some Tubular tires. Could not find them for the life of me though. Raleigh made a special one off single speed bicycle to be awarded to the winner of the Single Speed Cyclocross World Championships, of which the race will take place this November in lovely Portland, OR.
Moots had their own beautiful take on the cross bike too. I wondered out loud how Titanium would feel on the cross courses of the Northwest. No one answered. I drooled away by my lonesome. Then I noticed this Classic Jersey in their signage.
The other thing that I kept seeing was world renowned JC Tannings hanging out with Mr. Tyler Hamilton. Hard at work those two.
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Will all these numbers be able to wear the coveted t-shirt in one weeks time? #menoftheras #ras2013 http://t.co/ai1oqnDIyh
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3