We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Every year the cycling industry descends upon Las Vegas. The land of neon and excess that houses the trade show we have been waiting all year to attend. Did I just say that?
What do you do when you are at Interbike?
Check out the new line of Ridley bicycles? Maybe stop in over at Fizik and pick up their "Black Book" (beautiful little catalog piece)? Possibly, while you are wandering through the aisles you'll stop by the Knog booth as well. Who knows what these guys have planned this year but last year they had the best booth. Hands down. And that was judged exclusively by me and no one else.
Keep an eye out for Tyler from Independent Fabrication. He will be walking around the show and if you snag him he could probably talk you through one of his bikes at the show. Apparently there will be one in the Edge booth.
And Embrocation Cycling Journal? Well, those guys are crazy and always have something up their collective sleeve.
From there, when you've had your fill of the show, jump on one of the shuttles and head over to Cross Vegas. Last year this race was huge, it was Lance's official return to cycling (he flew in from his press conference the day of) and this year I have a feeling that it is going to be bigger. All of the Cross stars from the US, plus even a few Euro's will be racing there (can we call Jonathan Page a Euro now?).
What do you do when the race is over? It is Vegas and everything is open all night so you can do pretty much anything you want. Bars will be open. Slot machines will be waiting to be plugged with your nickels. Or you could do something decidedly different and head to another part of town.
The Artisan Hotel is a short distance off the hustle and bustle of the Las Vegas strip. And that is exactly why it has been chosen as the site for our little gathering. Quaint? Well, I don't know if I would say that, but interesting none the less. In the coming weeks before the show I'll make an attempt to highlight some of the more interesting ideas and concepts that we will have on display at this gathering.
Concepts like "what indeed do Rapha Gentlemen (and women) drink during an night out on the town?"
Join us won't you?
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…