We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
In Seattle With Cascade Bicycle Studio
You would think that we are used to it by now. Turning over in the early morning light to find that the rain from the night before has continued on through the morning. Still, every time it happens there is still that same sinking feeling. This was no different last Saturday morning when the buzzer hit 5:45am in sunny Seattle, Washington. The wet had held off the night before at Cascade Bicycle Studio where a combination Ice Cream social and The Rapha Continental Movie screening party was an amazing success. New friends were made, old rivalries spurned (happy to report that the Portland vs. Seattle rivalry is alive and well) and our gracious host and CBS founder Zac Daab was on hand to welcome one and all to his space.
The next morning, after the realization that we would be riding in the rain had fully set in, we chugged down as much coffee as we could, watched Voeckler amazingly hold onto that bright yellow jersey and then set out on our own wet adventures.
If you were just going by the cue sheet, which most of us out-of-towners would have been lost from the onset. Luckily we had a great group of hosts to guide us through the the ports, past the railroad tracks and up some of the steepest climbs in the Seattle area. The cast of characters was thick as well. Robert Higdon helped Zac put the route together (as well as don the days strangest outfit in the form of the pink BunnyHawk kit) check out his take on the day here.
One more quick note to everyone before we sign off. It was great to see one part of our Seattle contingent of Rapha Continental riders - Hahn Rossman. He is preparing to head to France with a few others to take on the Paris - Brest - Paris challenge. Good luck to him and we cannot wait to hear some stories from this most epic of rides.
Thanks to everyone Zac, Robert, Hahn and everyone who came out to make last weekend another great weekend with bikes. If you happen to be in the Seattle area make sure to stop by and check out Cascade Bicycle Studio at their location in the Fremont area of Seattle.
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.