Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
In Seattle With Cascade Bicycle Studio
You would think that we are used to it by now. Turning over in the early morning light to find that the rain from the night before has continued on through the morning. Still, every time it happens there is still that same sinking feeling. This was no different last Saturday morning when the buzzer hit 5:45am in sunny Seattle, Washington. The wet had held off the night before at Cascade Bicycle Studio where a combination Ice Cream social and The Rapha Continental Movie screening party was an amazing success. New friends were made, old rivalries spurned (happy to report that the Portland vs. Seattle rivalry is alive and well) and our gracious host and CBS founder Zac Daab was on hand to welcome one and all to his space.
The next morning, after the realization that we would be riding in the rain had fully set in, we chugged down as much coffee as we could, watched Voeckler amazingly hold onto that bright yellow jersey and then set out on our own wet adventures.
If you were just going by the cue sheet, which most of us out-of-towners would have been lost from the onset. Luckily we had a great group of hosts to guide us through the the ports, past the railroad tracks and up some of the steepest climbs in the Seattle area. The cast of characters was thick as well. Robert Higdon helped Zac put the route together (as well as don the days strangest outfit in the form of the pink BunnyHawk kit) check out his take on the day here.
One more quick note to everyone before we sign off. It was great to see one part of our Seattle contingent of Rapha Continental riders - Hahn Rossman. He is preparing to head to France with a few others to take on the Paris - Brest - Paris challenge. Good luck to him and we cannot wait to hear some stories from this most epic of rides.
Thanks to everyone Zac, Robert, Hahn and everyone who came out to make last weekend another great weekend with bikes. If you happen to be in the Seattle area make sure to stop by and check out Cascade Bicycle Studio at their location in the Fremont area of Seattle.
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/TfWWoTG1ge
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…