We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Illustration Competition – The Winner
Back in December we launched an illustration competition with publisher Thames & Hudson. The aim of the competition was to find an illustrator for the eighth book in a series of city cycling guides, which will be published later this year. The city in question is Milan, and we invited entrants to devise a single image that showed Milan from a city-cycling perspective. We had some fantastic submissions and the judges, comprising of folks from Thames & Hudson, Rapha, the authors of the guides and Antonio Colombo, head of Cinelli and Columbus, took longer than expected to pick a winner.
But, eventually, it was decided that Italian illustrator Riccardo Guasco was the pick of the bunch. His geometric and beautifully coloured composition got the most votes and it's clear from his website that cycling is a big inspiration.
"It's really a pleasure to work for Rapha, for Thames & Hudson, and, above all, represent the bicycle for Milan and for Italy! I will get up on the pedals for a sprint!"
Riccardo will provide the illustrations for the enitre Milan volume. We look forward to seeing the results. Congratulations to him and a huge thank you to all who entered.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!