We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Illustration Competition – The Winner
Back in December we launched an illustration competition with publisher Thames & Hudson. The aim of the competition was to find an illustrator for the eighth book in a series of city cycling guides, which will be published later this year. The city in question is Milan, and we invited entrants to devise a single image that showed Milan from a city-cycling perspective. We had some fantastic submissions and the judges, comprising of folks from Thames & Hudson, Rapha, the authors of the guides and Antonio Colombo, head of Cinelli and Columbus, took longer than expected to pick a winner.
But, eventually, it was decided that Italian illustrator Riccardo Guasco was the pick of the bunch. His geometric and beautifully coloured composition got the most votes and it's clear from his website that cycling is a big inspiration.
"It's really a pleasure to work for Rapha, for Thames & Hudson, and, above all, represent the bicycle for Milan and for Italy! I will get up on the pedals for a sprint!"
Riccardo will provide the illustrations for the enitre Milan volume. We look forward to seeing the results. Congratulations to him and a huge thank you to all who entered.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC