We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Illustration Competition – The Winner
Back in December we launched an illustration competition with publisher Thames & Hudson. The aim of the competition was to find an illustrator for the eighth book in a series of city cycling guides, which will be published later this year. The city in question is Milan, and we invited entrants to devise a single image that showed Milan from a city-cycling perspective. We had some fantastic submissions and the judges, comprising of folks from Thames & Hudson, Rapha, the authors of the guides and Antonio Colombo, head of Cinelli and Columbus, took longer than expected to pick a winner.
But, eventually, it was decided that Italian illustrator Riccardo Guasco was the pick of the bunch. His geometric and beautifully coloured composition got the most votes and it's clear from his website that cycling is a big inspiration.
"It's really a pleasure to work for Rapha, for Thames & Hudson, and, above all, represent the bicycle for Milan and for Italy! I will get up on the pedals for a sprint!"
Riccardo will provide the illustrations for the enitre Milan volume. We look forward to seeing the results. Congratulations to him and a huge thank you to all who entered.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb