Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Riding at night. The clocks have gone back in the Northern Hemisphere and the evening commute is made in the dark, after-work training rides under twilight.
Lights at night appeal to the senses (emotional and visual). Perhaps a basic human instinct, dating back to the first people to stare up at the stars or gaze into a fire. Whilst the LEDs and illuminations we use keep us visible to motorised predators after dark, it’s exciting riding through the city amongst a reef of neon shapes, a spectrum of luminescence emitting from buildings and the blaze of traffic.
Being a nocturnal cyclist beyond the metropolis is also a thrill, but for different reasons. You ride against the natural realm. It’s pitch dark out in the lanes and trails (unless the moon is shining), so you should really stay indoors where it’s safe and warm. But with a decent spotlight on your bars you can light up the gloom and explore the world without interruption, aside from the odd owl hoot. You flick the switch and, like a remarkable idea that’s been lying dormant all day, a new world opens up. Nightfall is left to you and the bats, foxes and badgers.
Time triallists in the last century would have to test at night to avoid the police (and still do), Paris-Brest-Paris, 24 hour rides and various other voyages take place under darkness. It requires fortitude, and a degree of insanity. Rolling after nightfall in the wintertime is, for some, the only option if you want to clock miles. But for others, it’s where the real fun lies. Just make sure you have lights.
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP
- RT @racefietsblog: Leuk, de Alpe d' Quiz van @RaphaRacing is begonnen! 3 weken elke dag een andere prijs http://t.co/QiWhfY8hXy @rapha_euro…
- The @rapharacing #festive500 is back. Once again we challenge riders worldwide to clock 500km between 24-31 Dec. → http://t.co/HmgDlUJTiI