[ locale string ]
I am a visitor here myself
I don't speak a word of Japanese, it turns out that it didn't really matter. This past weekend at the Tokyo Cycle Mode Exhibition confirmed what I suspected – riders are riders and we can all "talk cycling", even if we don't fully understand one another.
While Daisuke and his crew of friends and Yonretto riders manned the most handsome booth at the show, I talked with local riders and learned.
For instance, I found out that Damiano Cunego is a hero in Japan. The Japanese seem to love all Italians actually, as proven by the hour-long lines to test ride Pinarellos and De Rosas at the show.
Fashion shows at bike shows don't mix. Doesn't matter what country really. Somehow break-dancing in helmet and kit always seems like a good idea at the time. It's not.
Finally, it seems that one way to thank your wife for all of her support leading up to and over the weekend of the show, is to honor her by dressing like her. Mari and Daisuke looked every bit ready for the Gavia on the last day of the show.
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX