We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
I am a visitor here myself
I don't speak a word of Japanese, it turns out that it didn't really matter. This past weekend at the Tokyo Cycle Mode Exhibition confirmed what I suspected – riders are riders and we can all "talk cycling", even if we don't fully understand one another.
While Daisuke and his crew of friends and Yonretto riders manned the most handsome booth at the show, I talked with local riders and learned.
For instance, I found out that Damiano Cunego is a hero in Japan. The Japanese seem to love all Italians actually, as proven by the hour-long lines to test ride Pinarellos and De Rosas at the show.
Fashion shows at bike shows don't mix. Doesn't matter what country really. Somehow break-dancing in helmet and kit always seems like a good idea at the time. It's not.
Finally, it seems that one way to thank your wife for all of her support leading up to and over the weekend of the show, is to honor her by dressing like her. Mari and Daisuke looked every bit ready for the Gavia on the last day of the show.
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Will all these numbers be able to wear the coveted t-shirt in one weeks time? #menoftheras #ras2013 http://t.co/ai1oqnDIyh
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…