We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
I am a visitor here myself
I don't speak a word of Japanese, it turns out that it didn't really matter. This past weekend at the Tokyo Cycle Mode Exhibition confirmed what I suspected – riders are riders and we can all "talk cycling", even if we don't fully understand one another.
While Daisuke and his crew of friends and Yonretto riders manned the most handsome booth at the show, I talked with local riders and learned.
For instance, I found out that Damiano Cunego is a hero in Japan. The Japanese seem to love all Italians actually, as proven by the hour-long lines to test ride Pinarellos and De Rosas at the show.
Fashion shows at bike shows don't mix. Doesn't matter what country really. Somehow break-dancing in helmet and kit always seems like a good idea at the time. It's not.
Finally, it seems that one way to thank your wife for all of her support leading up to and over the weekend of the show, is to honor her by dressing like her. Mari and Daisuke looked every bit ready for the Gavia on the last day of the show.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC