We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
I am a visitor here myself
I don't speak a word of Japanese, it turns out that it didn't really matter. This past weekend at the Tokyo Cycle Mode Exhibition confirmed what I suspected – riders are riders and we can all "talk cycling", even if we don't fully understand one another.
While Daisuke and his crew of friends and Yonretto riders manned the most handsome booth at the show, I talked with local riders and learned.
For instance, I found out that Damiano Cunego is a hero in Japan. The Japanese seem to love all Italians actually, as proven by the hour-long lines to test ride Pinarellos and De Rosas at the show.
Fashion shows at bike shows don't mix. Doesn't matter what country really. Somehow break-dancing in helmet and kit always seems like a good idea at the time. It's not.
Finally, it seems that one way to thank your wife for all of her support leading up to and over the weekend of the show, is to honor her by dressing like her. Mari and Daisuke looked every bit ready for the Gavia on the last day of the show.
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho