We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
House on Fire in Aberystwyth
Image courtesy of Halfords Tour Series
Kristian House once again ended a tough week at the Halfords Tour Series in style, with a stunning individual win in the Welsh town of Aberystwyth.
The fifth round of the series, run for the first time ever on a Friday night- only 24 hours after the previous round in Redditch, was a red-hot affair from the off, and House was out to make up for what he considered a disappointing performance the previous night.
“I was pretty pissed off after Redditch, I made the break there and couldn’t have been more aggressive, but in the end everyone just looked at me. The last five laps were so unbelievably negative, so tonight I just threw everything at them.
“In the end I knew exactly where to go and I hit them hard when I did. I wasn’t going to let what happened in Redditch happen to me twice.”
Despite Dean Downing winning the bunch sprint behind for fifth, the men in black missed out on their first team prize of the competition, as it was Team UK Youth who broke Endura’s winning streak.
After two weeks and five intense rounds of racing Rapha Condor Sharp now lie in third place behind Endura and Team UK Youth, meaning there is a lot of work for the defending champions in the weeks ahead.
Team manager John Herety, who has been with the other half of the team in Ireland at the An Post Ras this week, commented:
“The competition at the series has changed with the riders having to tackle three rounds in a week, and I think things will change further. We haven’t yet nailed it as a team and it is something we are going to have to start getting right straightaway. We run a dual program so we still have some firepower here at the Ras, and I think the next week will be crucial to see where we can end up in this competition.”
The riders will have several days to rest up over the weekend again before the series picks up again in Peterborough on Tuesday.
In the meantime you can see all the action from this round of the series on ITV4 on Monday May 28th at 8pm.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC