We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Holding onto the Tour
The Tour has been over for two days now and I'm not sure what to do with myself. Perhaps you are feeling the same way? I have come into the office the past two mornings and have to stop myself from heading to the television to turn on the live coverage. There's no more Phil and Paul, no more Bobke and that other guy (who tries really hard) instead there's a show about bull riding or extreme fishing on Versus. We're back to the occasional Sunday taped-delayed coverage and looking for race information and inspiration the better online sources. Real shame that we don't have access to Eurosport, though Universal-Sports is giving it a go.
Refusing to accept that it's over, I have been enjoying the drama around AC vs. LA and the speculation about how the new Radio Shack team is going to be atop the podium next year in July. One esteemed journalist friend sent me a note from France saying "It's the first day of the rest of Lance's domination". Knowing what I know of Mr. Armstrong, I wouldn't put it out of reach.
I have also been filling the void with the photo stylings of Brent Humphreys' Project LeTour online exhibition. The framed exhibit was installed at Mellow Johnny's for the start of the Tour and I was lucky to catch it and meet Brent who came out to watch the Breaking Away races and movie night we held in Austin earlier this month.
Tour of Ireland ought to be interesting next month, and of course I can't wait until September's Tour of Britain to see how the Rapha-Condor team fares. But for now I suppose I'll put my energy into learning more of the proposed Vino and Chicken's comebacks and follow which top climbers find their way to the team that should have the best team race radios in the field.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.