We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Holding onto the Tour
The Tour has been over for two days now and I'm not sure what to do with myself. Perhaps you are feeling the same way? I have come into the office the past two mornings and have to stop myself from heading to the television to turn on the live coverage. There's no more Phil and Paul, no more Bobke and that other guy (who tries really hard) instead there's a show about bull riding or extreme fishing on Versus. We're back to the occasional Sunday taped-delayed coverage and looking for race information and inspiration the better online sources. Real shame that we don't have access to Eurosport, though Universal-Sports is giving it a go.
Refusing to accept that it's over, I have been enjoying the drama around AC vs. LA and the speculation about how the new Radio Shack team is going to be atop the podium next year in July. One esteemed journalist friend sent me a note from France saying "It's the first day of the rest of Lance's domination". Knowing what I know of Mr. Armstrong, I wouldn't put it out of reach.
I have also been filling the void with the photo stylings of Brent Humphreys' Project LeTour online exhibition. The framed exhibit was installed at Mellow Johnny's for the start of the Tour and I was lucky to catch it and meet Brent who came out to watch the Breaking Away races and movie night we held in Austin earlier this month.
Tour of Ireland ought to be interesting next month, and of course I can't wait until September's Tour of Britain to see how the Rapha-Condor team fares. But for now I suppose I'll put my energy into learning more of the proposed Vino and Chicken's comebacks and follow which top climbers find their way to the team that should have the best team race radios in the field.
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries