We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Hell of the North No.4
All photos Jonathan Hines
The fourth edition of Rapha's homage to Paris-Roubaix, the UK's very own Hell of the North, yet again proved a gloriously bumpy, muddy and leg shattering day out. This year's parcours included two never-before-seen sectors of dirt and gravé and a new finishing venue where a lot of very tired but satisfied riders enjoyed beer, chips and the sight of Fabulous Cancellara stealing victory at L'Enfer du Nord for a third time. Below are a few comments from some happy roulers:
The best yet. The espresso at the feed stop was pure class. Thanks Jack for keeping hold of my race cape, I'm glad I ditched it when I did, although I could have done with sweating out a few extra lbs (read stone)
@rapharacing great course for the Hell of the North, thanks again for the best feed station ever.#performanceprocycling
@rapharacing crew ride hell of the north iv. perfect day out in the bike.#hotn #womens100 clairelg12…instagram.com/p/X0XBJ0TXTo/
Thank you @rapharacing for an AMAZING #HellOfTheNorth day. Great ride, pave, coffees, + great#PR race! #superlatives My legs R sore now!
@rapharacing Thanks for putting on today's ride. A top day out in some beautiful sunshine.
Fantastic day, great course, good organisation, many thanks.
Second that. HOTN gets better each time I do it. Big thanks to Jack and co.
Thanks Jack and everyone at Rapha - a really nice day out on the bike
Another great day out from Rapha. Many thanks to Jack and the team - best signs yet. Although special thanks goes to Rapha's breakdown service courtesy of Laura.
Great day out. Good route. And the new pub at the end was a good choice. Thanks to Jack, Laura and good to ride with Mark, Erwan, Mike, Jordan, Rob and Josh albeit briefly.
With thanks to Muc-Off for providing bike wash cleaning products.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…