Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Hell of the North no. 2
Photos: Kieran Young
Hell, so to speak, on a bicycle in blissful sunshine is actually a lot of fun. Blazing (or just lollygagging) along terrain consisting of gravel, potholes and hard dirt on tracks more akin to horseshoes than 21mm slicks, a crowd of over 250 riders turned out on Sunday morning to ride the second edition of Rapha's very own Hell of the North.
An homage to the true Hell of the North, Paris-Roubaix, this ride sets off from Highgate and heads up into Hertfordshire to tackle off road sectors amongst farmland, nature reserves and quaint English villages. The ride finishes at the Black Horse pub where all rouleurs convene to watch Paris-Roubaix and sink a beer.
There were bumps, punctures, ex-pros, angry farmers, more punctures, single speeds, beer, rattling carbon, a T. Rex, piratical mountain bikers, lots of bananas and plenty of smiles. Chapeaux to all who rode it.
More photography, words and a short film will follow later this week.
Read a report on the ride at Road.cc
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX