[ locale string ]
Hell of the North no. 2
Photos: Kieran Young
Hell, so to speak, on a bicycle in blissful sunshine is actually a lot of fun. Blazing (or just lollygagging) along terrain consisting of gravel, potholes and hard dirt on tracks more akin to horseshoes than 21mm slicks, a crowd of over 250 riders turned out on Sunday morning to ride the second edition of Rapha's very own Hell of the North.
An homage to the true Hell of the North, Paris-Roubaix, this ride sets off from Highgate and heads up into Hertfordshire to tackle off road sectors amongst farmland, nature reserves and quaint English villages. The ride finishes at the Black Horse pub where all rouleurs convene to watch Paris-Roubaix and sink a beer.
There were bumps, punctures, ex-pros, angry farmers, more punctures, single speeds, beer, rattling carbon, a T. Rex, piratical mountain bikers, lots of bananas and plenty of smiles. Chapeaux to all who rode it.
More photography, words and a short film will follow later this week.
Read a report on the ride at Road.cc
- RT @mike_cuming: good luck to the fellas @Porterelliott @willstephenson and @edlaverack in the U23 TT today...
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...