We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Hell of the North: 11.04.10
Yesterday a couple of us from Rapha rode out of north London to recce the route for our Hell of the North ride, which takes place on Sunday 11th April 2010. The night before saw some torrential rain in London so we were a little concerned about conditions as we approached the first ‘sector’. Safe to say, even in the wettest conditions, this will be a lot of fun.
Our homage to one of the great Monuments of the sport, Paris-Roubaix, will be an adventure along the lanes, bridleways and dirt-roads of Hertfordshire. Although it won’t have as much pavé as northern France it will be tough and potentially filthy. Muddy terrain and bumpy 'rough stuff' will be encountered as we celebrate the Queen of the Classics over 100km.
Rapha’s Hell of the North will be a great social ride with a gathering at the finish to watch Paris Roubaix 2010 and enjoy beer and frites.
Absolutely free to enter, more details to follow.
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq