We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Photos by Chris Milliman
While a group of the Continental riders were tackling the high hills of the West during the the Ride the Rockies, another group of like minded individuals took to the East Coast for the Harpoon Brewery to Brewery ride. The 150 mile one day event travels from Harpoon's Boston based location through Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and up into Vermont.
90 degree heat and the pedal churning pace of former professional Cyclist Mark McCormack proved to be the biggest barriers of the day. And that is to say nothing of the the distance itself. Topping out at almost 1,000 riders who have helped grow the ride into its tenth year, the "B2B" as it is known in these parts, brings out all walks of life to traverse the New England countryside. There were triathletes and commuters, hard core roadies and even a few mountain bikers spanning the course this past Saturday. Some even pointing their bicycles towards Vermont at 5am to make it the full 150 miles.
Luckily for us the ending location included (and not in this order) copious amounts of beer, a river to cool off, a live band, and a thousand happily tired people to collectively recall every inch of the course. Keep an eye out for the full write up, a video and more amazing photographs from Chris Milliman.
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/TfWWoTG1ge
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…