[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Photos by Chris Milliman
While a group of the Continental riders were tackling the high hills of the West during the the Ride the Rockies, another group of like minded individuals took to the East Coast for the Harpoon Brewery to Brewery ride. The 150 mile one day event travels from Harpoon's Boston based location through Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and up into Vermont.
90 degree heat and the pedal churning pace of former professional Cyclist Mark McCormack proved to be the biggest barriers of the day. And that is to say nothing of the the distance itself. Topping out at almost 1,000 riders who have helped grow the ride into its tenth year, the "B2B" as it is known in these parts, brings out all walks of life to traverse the New England countryside. There were triathletes and commuters, hard core roadies and even a few mountain bikers spanning the course this past Saturday. Some even pointing their bicycles towards Vermont at 5am to make it the full 150 miles.
Luckily for us the ending location included (and not in this order) copious amounts of beer, a river to cool off, a live band, and a thousand happily tired people to collectively recall every inch of the course. Keep an eye out for the full write up, a video and more amazing photographs from Chris Milliman.
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.