We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Group Ride: Cinco de Mayo
The Dana Point Grand Prix,, part of USA Cycling's National Criterium Calendar, is one of the premier criteriums in the country. This weekend, in honor of the race, Rapha has teamed up with Oakley to check out the roads and hills surrounding one of the coolest outdoor companies we know.
The day will start with espresso shots courtesy of Hennie, our Mobile Cycle Club, and Peets coffee. Then we'll head out into the hills, before returning for beers and Mexican food from El Ranchito to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. If you haven't yet had a chance to meet Hennie in person, this would be a great place to start. Please note that this is a fun ride and is open to all. No one will get dropped, no one wins. The name of the game is sunshine and smiles.
Route will be through Rancho Santa Margarita, over Live Oak, north through Santiago Canyon, then heading west on Jamboree to Portola to Irvine Blvd and Bake Pkwy back to Oakley.
Saturday, May 5th. Meet 9:30am, rolling at 10am
Oakley, 1 Icon, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
This is not a race. It is an unsupported ride on open roads and although the pace is likely to get brisk in some sections, please remember this is a ride for fun. There are no prizes at the end (not even bragging rights).
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX