We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
October 17, 2009.
Now here is a ride that I can get into. The Gourmet Century presented by Chris King Precision Components is being held this October 17th. From what has been said about the previous Gourmet Centuries, this is not one to be missed.
I didn't know this until fairly recently, but the man himself (C. King) is really quite a foodie at heart. He has been known to man the pancake grill at various bike events around town. Not only that, but the Chris King tent is always stocked with hot chocolate, coffee, and cider at every Cross Crusade race in the Northwest. Rumor has it that the offices over at Chris King will even one day have their very own Cafe.
This will be a change of pace from the traditional centuries for myself at least. The only ones that I've done recently were with squadra Rapha Continental and it seems like every time I head out with those guys they're all trying to tear each others legs off. Hopefully that mindset will help Graeme Raeburn and Ira Ryan as they head out to the Cent Cols Challenge.
In truth I think that the focus, Spanish food in this case, could provide a much needed switch to the usual (ride till your eyeballs fall out) mentality. Check the Chris King website for more details. I'm not sure how many they have signed up so far, but I do know that they sell out every year. If you're interested in some home cooking by Chris King himself, come out for a little ride.
Ps. We don't all ride till our eyeballs fall out. Just Ira.
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…