[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
October 17, 2009.
Now here is a ride that I can get into. The Gourmet Century presented by Chris King Precision Components is being held this October 17th. From what has been said about the previous Gourmet Centuries, this is not one to be missed.
I didn't know this until fairly recently, but the man himself (C. King) is really quite a foodie at heart. He has been known to man the pancake grill at various bike events around town. Not only that, but the Chris King tent is always stocked with hot chocolate, coffee, and cider at every Cross Crusade race in the Northwest. Rumor has it that the offices over at Chris King will even one day have their very own Cafe.
This will be a change of pace from the traditional centuries for myself at least. The only ones that I've done recently were with squadra Rapha Continental and it seems like every time I head out with those guys they're all trying to tear each others legs off. Hopefully that mindset will help Graeme Raeburn and Ira Ryan as they head out to the Cent Cols Challenge.
In truth I think that the focus, Spanish food in this case, could provide a much needed switch to the usual (ride till your eyeballs fall out) mentality. Check the Chris King website for more details. I'm not sure how many they have signed up so far, but I do know that they sell out every year. If you're interested in some home cooking by Chris King himself, come out for a little ride.
Ps. We don't all ride till our eyeballs fall out. Just Ira.
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq