We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
October 17, 2009.
Now here is a ride that I can get into. The Gourmet Century presented by Chris King Precision Components is being held this October 17th. From what has been said about the previous Gourmet Centuries, this is not one to be missed.
I didn't know this until fairly recently, but the man himself (C. King) is really quite a foodie at heart. He has been known to man the pancake grill at various bike events around town. Not only that, but the Chris King tent is always stocked with hot chocolate, coffee, and cider at every Cross Crusade race in the Northwest. Rumor has it that the offices over at Chris King will even one day have their very own Cafe.
This will be a change of pace from the traditional centuries for myself at least. The only ones that I've done recently were with squadra Rapha Continental and it seems like every time I head out with those guys they're all trying to tear each others legs off. Hopefully that mindset will help Graeme Raeburn and Ira Ryan as they head out to the Cent Cols Challenge.
In truth I think that the focus, Spanish food in this case, could provide a much needed switch to the usual (ride till your eyeballs fall out) mentality. Check the Chris King website for more details. I'm not sure how many they have signed up so far, but I do know that they sell out every year. If you're interested in some home cooking by Chris King himself, come out for a little ride.
Ps. We don't all ride till our eyeballs fall out. Just Ira.
- RT @mike_cuming: good luck to the fellas @Porterelliott @willstephenson and @edlaverack in the U23 TT today...
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...