We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
October 17, 2009.
Now here is a ride that I can get into. The Gourmet Century presented by Chris King Precision Components is being held this October 17th. From what has been said about the previous Gourmet Centuries, this is not one to be missed.
I didn't know this until fairly recently, but the man himself (C. King) is really quite a foodie at heart. He has been known to man the pancake grill at various bike events around town. Not only that, but the Chris King tent is always stocked with hot chocolate, coffee, and cider at every Cross Crusade race in the Northwest. Rumor has it that the offices over at Chris King will even one day have their very own Cafe.
This will be a change of pace from the traditional centuries for myself at least. The only ones that I've done recently were with squadra Rapha Continental and it seems like every time I head out with those guys they're all trying to tear each others legs off. Hopefully that mindset will help Graeme Raeburn and Ira Ryan as they head out to the Cent Cols Challenge.
In truth I think that the focus, Spanish food in this case, could provide a much needed switch to the usual (ride till your eyeballs fall out) mentality. Check the Chris King website for more details. I'm not sure how many they have signed up so far, but I do know that they sell out every year. If you're interested in some home cooking by Chris King himself, come out for a little ride.
Ps. We don't all ride till our eyeballs fall out. Just Ira.
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/TfWWoTG1ge
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…