We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
October 17, 2009.
Now here is a ride that I can get into. The Gourmet Century presented by Chris King Precision Components is being held this October 17th. From what has been said about the previous Gourmet Centuries, this is not one to be missed.
I didn't know this until fairly recently, but the man himself (C. King) is really quite a foodie at heart. He has been known to man the pancake grill at various bike events around town. Not only that, but the Chris King tent is always stocked with hot chocolate, coffee, and cider at every Cross Crusade race in the Northwest. Rumor has it that the offices over at Chris King will even one day have their very own Cafe.
This will be a change of pace from the traditional centuries for myself at least. The only ones that I've done recently were with squadra Rapha Continental and it seems like every time I head out with those guys they're all trying to tear each others legs off. Hopefully that mindset will help Graeme Raeburn and Ira Ryan as they head out to the Cent Cols Challenge.
In truth I think that the focus, Spanish food in this case, could provide a much needed switch to the usual (ride till your eyeballs fall out) mentality. Check the Chris King website for more details. I'm not sure how many they have signed up so far, but I do know that they sell out every year. If you're interested in some home cooking by Chris King himself, come out for a little ride.
Ps. We don't all ride till our eyeballs fall out. Just Ira.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…