We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Gentlemen's Time Trial 2010
A fortnight ago the inaugural Rapha Gentlemen's Time Trial took place from London-Brighton-London. Based on the Rapha Gentlemen's Races established in the USA, this was a ride untypical of the more traditional time trials that take place in the UK. Setting off from Rapha Cycle Club in Clerkenwell, 12 teams made the journey down to the south coast and back, taking in checkpoints along the way.
Not since the 1964 conflict between mods and rockers has there been such a hotly contested two-wheel chase into Brighton. Of course, there was less physical violence and a good deal more gentlemanly conduct, but it still boiled down to rival gangs fighting for supremacy.
From the Harrington threads of the Tweed Run team to the carbon machines of Bespoke Cycles unit (I say unit as there was only three of them). From the Brompton Team who made use of their public transport privileges, the "red train" of the Rapha Cycle Club squadron to the LFGSS crew who all rode fixed-wheel and stopped at several pubs en route. Each team rode with their own brand of panache. We have a full report and short film coming soon.
To see the Flickr set click.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw