Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Gentlemen's Time Trial 2010
A fortnight ago the inaugural Rapha Gentlemen's Time Trial took place from London-Brighton-London. Based on the Rapha Gentlemen's Races established in the USA, this was a ride untypical of the more traditional time trials that take place in the UK. Setting off from Rapha Cycle Club in Clerkenwell, 12 teams made the journey down to the south coast and back, taking in checkpoints along the way.
Not since the 1964 conflict between mods and rockers has there been such a hotly contested two-wheel chase into Brighton. Of course, there was less physical violence and a good deal more gentlemanly conduct, but it still boiled down to rival gangs fighting for supremacy.
From the Harrington threads of the Tweed Run team to the carbon machines of Bespoke Cycles unit (I say unit as there was only three of them). From the Brompton Team who made use of their public transport privileges, the "red train" of the Rapha Cycle Club squadron to the LFGSS crew who all rode fixed-wheel and stopped at several pubs en route. Each team rode with their own brand of panache. We have a full report and short film coming soon.
To see the Flickr set click.
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.