[ locale string ]
Gentlemen's Time Trial 2010
A fortnight ago the inaugural Rapha Gentlemen's Time Trial took place from London-Brighton-London. Based on the Rapha Gentlemen's Races established in the USA, this was a ride untypical of the more traditional time trials that take place in the UK. Setting off from Rapha Cycle Club in Clerkenwell, 12 teams made the journey down to the south coast and back, taking in checkpoints along the way.
Not since the 1964 conflict between mods and rockers has there been such a hotly contested two-wheel chase into Brighton. Of course, there was less physical violence and a good deal more gentlemanly conduct, but it still boiled down to rival gangs fighting for supremacy.
From the Harrington threads of the Tweed Run team to the carbon machines of Bespoke Cycles unit (I say unit as there was only three of them). From the Brompton Team who made use of their public transport privileges, the "red train" of the Rapha Cycle Club squadron to the LFGSS crew who all rode fixed-wheel and stopped at several pubs en route. Each team rode with their own brand of panache. We have a full report and short film coming soon.
To see the Flickr set click.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb