We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Gentlemen's Time Trial 2010
A fortnight ago the inaugural Rapha Gentlemen's Time Trial took place from London-Brighton-London. Based on the Rapha Gentlemen's Races established in the USA, this was a ride untypical of the more traditional time trials that take place in the UK. Setting off from Rapha Cycle Club in Clerkenwell, 12 teams made the journey down to the south coast and back, taking in checkpoints along the way.
Not since the 1964 conflict between mods and rockers has there been such a hotly contested two-wheel chase into Brighton. Of course, there was less physical violence and a good deal more gentlemanly conduct, but it still boiled down to rival gangs fighting for supremacy.
From the Harrington threads of the Tweed Run team to the carbon machines of Bespoke Cycles unit (I say unit as there was only three of them). From the Brompton Team who made use of their public transport privileges, the "red train" of the Rapha Cycle Club squadron to the LFGSS crew who all rode fixed-wheel and stopped at several pubs en route. Each team rode with their own brand of panache. We have a full report and short film coming soon.
To see the Flickr set click.
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries