Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Gentlemen's Hill Climb: 30.03.11
This morning saw the inaugural Gentlemen's Hill Climb here on Mallorca. Five teams gathered at the Rapha Cycle Club for this unsanctioned, no-holds-barred team time trial over a course climbing a little over 350m in 5km.
There were no rollers on which to warm up, no iPods to calm their fears. Even the ex-pros and hardened racers had a slightly apprehensive look on their faces and there was early talk of cutting the climb short, and finishing instead after the first few ramps.
Fortunately bravado overcame nerves and so after a short briefing, the purposely-uneven teams went off at 30 second intervals to push, pull and cheat their way up the climb to the top, with the clock stopping only once the last man crossed the line.
It might have been a time trial, the legs might have been burning, but as with all Gentlemen's riding the onus was very much on camaraderie.
The winning team 'The Caledonian' (Scottish triathletes..!) crossed the line in 19:12, despite an uphill crash and not one single case of hanging onto the race commissaire's car. Their time goes straight to the top of the leader board and we hope will be beaten quickly by teams far more dishonest than themselves.
Notable mentions go to Nadav Kander and Ben Ingham who, despite being photographers, made it all the way to the top unscathed. Alex Ceselli, on the other hand, had to be dragged up by his team-mates Rupert RT and G. Kemp. The shame.
The Rapha Gentlemen's Hill Climb takes place every Wednesday morning at 11am. Meeting point is the Cycle Club Mallorca in Port de Pollensa.
Follow @RaphaCycleClub on Twitter.
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq