We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
From Vegas to Seattle
A week and-a-half of cyclocross craziness wrapped up Sunday with the Rapha-FOCUS Gran Prix in Seattle, Washington. Zac Daab, the man whose Cascade Bicycle Studio (recently named in Bicycling magazine's 100 Best Shops guide) inspired the boutique bicycle movement, put together a weekend full of fantastic cyclocross. There was plenty of beer to go around, plenty of frietjes and the fiercest racing the Pacific Northwest has seen this year. Euro pros Bart Wellens, Rob Peeters (Telenet-Fidea Cycling), Ben Berden (Stoemper Bikes) and Planet Bikes' Jonathan Page, whom we like to think of as half-Belgian even though he is originally from the States, were on hand to keep the speed high.
Our own Zach McDonald was there to represent the Rapha-FOCUS squad. The Gran Prix was the final race in a series of events that officially kicked off this year's US cross season. Last week we put up a preview of the US cyclocross scene. Stay tuned later this week for a follow-up on what has been going on with all things cyclocross, from the Vegas desert to the rainy shores of Seattle.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS