We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
From Vegas to Seattle
A week and-a-half of cyclocross craziness wrapped up Sunday with the Rapha-FOCUS Gran Prix in Seattle, Washington. Zac Daab, the man whose Cascade Bicycle Studio (recently named in Bicycling magazine's 100 Best Shops guide) inspired the boutique bicycle movement, put together a weekend full of fantastic cyclocross. There was plenty of beer to go around, plenty of frietjes and the fiercest racing the Pacific Northwest has seen this year. Euro pros Bart Wellens, Rob Peeters (Telenet-Fidea Cycling), Ben Berden (Stoemper Bikes) and Planet Bikes' Jonathan Page, whom we like to think of as half-Belgian even though he is originally from the States, were on hand to keep the speed high.
Our own Zach McDonald was there to represent the Rapha-FOCUS squad. The Gran Prix was the final race in a series of events that officially kicked off this year's US cross season. Last week we put up a preview of the US cyclocross scene. Stay tuned later this week for a follow-up on what has been going on with all things cyclocross, from the Vegas desert to the rainy shores of Seattle.
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq