Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
From hell with love
Photos and introduction: Joe Hall
Our five riders clipped in early on Sunday 13th March to meet with the parcours of Paris-Roubaix. Somewhere in between St. Quentin and Roubaix a respect for the cobblestones was discovered. These roads have been raced upon since 1896, and explaining the powerful feelings, physical and mental, that they inflict on a rider is not easily explained. There is no doubt this is a special place and the reverence racers and fans of the sport show to Paris-Roubaix is deep. Phil Deeker wrote of the experience, and each day this week, one of the other four riders of our team will describe riding the pavé.
Like running over hot coals. Speed and float. Power, power, power power. Stamp, pull, push, concentrate. If you lose your rhythm you’re sinking or being sucked into hell. The devil swinging off your calves trying to haul you down. Try not be tempted by what looks like a fonder path, the grass is always greener on the other side. Switching your focus only invites unnecessary dangers. Ride like an arrow and you stand a better chance of a cleaner finish. Covered in mud rather than blood. Your first sniff or sight of a cobble, breath in, load your gun with a few clicks, take aim and crank it. Finish the sector, shake your hands out, stop feeling sorry for yourself, get to the front and ready yourself for the next onslaught.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.