Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Franz Bakery Criterium
There seems to be a growing collection of Crits in the Portland metro area gathering steam with each passing year. The Mississippi Ave Crit in June, along with the Downtown Crit later in August tend to be some of the most well attended bike races that this fair city hosts. This past Saturday The Franz Bakery Crit, went off with a bang proving that there is always room for more. Both spectatorship and participation numbers were up from last year. Begging the question "Why is there not a series of these type of races in Portland?" Well, you may recognize the lady in the above photo. That is River City Bicycles own Amy Campbell, we borrowed her for some riding in Palm Springs last year to help shoot the current Women's Spring/Summer line. Amy is a fierce competitor and one fast lady, it was great to see her representing.
Together, she and Tina Brubaker (Upper Echelon Fitness) worked for almost the entirety of the race to try and and bring back Anna Christensen (Ironclad Performance Wear) who was not only the race's eventual winner, but the returning champ. Anna went from the gun and there was no looking back on her part as she continued to put time on the field. The quote of the day came from Amy Campbell's boyfriend Matt Karre after the race had ended. Amy was ecstatic about the race and went on about the steep descent/left hand turn at the back of the course. "My god, that turn was so fast and so fun" she commented, still out of breath from the sprint to the finish line. "Yeah, it looked like it" said Karre "I could hardly watch."
Check out Amy in this short film where she goes head to head with another Portland cycling icon Mr. Ira Ryan. Fear not, she got him at the line.
FRANZ BAKERY CRIT - WOMEN 1/2/3
1 - Anna Christiansen - Ironclad Performance Wear
2 - Brianna Walle - Ironclad Performance Wear
3 - Amy Campbell - IBKC
4 - Mindy Simmons
5 - Tina Brubaker - Upper Echelon Fitness
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.