Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Franz Bakery Criterium
There seems to be a growing collection of Crits in the Portland metro area gathering steam with each passing year. The Mississippi Ave Crit in June, along with the Downtown Crit later in August tend to be some of the most well attended bike races that this fair city hosts. This past Saturday The Franz Bakery Crit, went off with a bang proving that there is always room for more. Both spectatorship and participation numbers were up from last year. Begging the question "Why is there not a series of these type of races in Portland?" Well, you may recognize the lady in the above photo. That is River City Bicycles own Amy Campbell, we borrowed her for some riding in Palm Springs last year to help shoot the current Women's Spring/Summer line. Amy is a fierce competitor and one fast lady, it was great to see her representing.
Together, she and Tina Brubaker (Upper Echelon Fitness) worked for almost the entirety of the race to try and and bring back Anna Christensen (Ironclad Performance Wear) who was not only the race's eventual winner, but the returning champ. Anna went from the gun and there was no looking back on her part as she continued to put time on the field. The quote of the day came from Amy Campbell's boyfriend Matt Karre after the race had ended. Amy was ecstatic about the race and went on about the steep descent/left hand turn at the back of the course. "My god, that turn was so fast and so fun" she commented, still out of breath from the sprint to the finish line. "Yeah, it looked like it" said Karre "I could hardly watch."
Check out Amy in this short film where she goes head to head with another Portland cycling icon Mr. Ira Ryan. Fear not, she got him at the line.
FRANZ BAKERY CRIT - WOMEN 1/2/3
1 - Anna Christiansen - Ironclad Performance Wear
2 - Brianna Walle - Ironclad Performance Wear
3 - Amy Campbell - IBKC
4 - Mindy Simmons
5 - Tina Brubaker - Upper Echelon Fitness
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX