[ locale string ]
Franz Bakery Criterium
There seems to be a growing collection of Crits in the Portland metro area gathering steam with each passing year. The Mississippi Ave Crit in June, along with the Downtown Crit later in August tend to be some of the most well attended bike races that this fair city hosts. This past Saturday The Franz Bakery Crit, went off with a bang proving that there is always room for more. Both spectatorship and participation numbers were up from last year. Begging the question "Why is there not a series of these type of races in Portland?" Well, you may recognize the lady in the above photo. That is River City Bicycles own Amy Campbell, we borrowed her for some riding in Palm Springs last year to help shoot the current Women's Spring/Summer line. Amy is a fierce competitor and one fast lady, it was great to see her representing.
Together, she and Tina Brubaker (Upper Echelon Fitness) worked for almost the entirety of the race to try and and bring back Anna Christensen (Ironclad Performance Wear) who was not only the race's eventual winner, but the returning champ. Anna went from the gun and there was no looking back on her part as she continued to put time on the field. The quote of the day came from Amy Campbell's boyfriend Matt Karre after the race had ended. Amy was ecstatic about the race and went on about the steep descent/left hand turn at the back of the course. "My god, that turn was so fast and so fun" she commented, still out of breath from the sprint to the finish line. "Yeah, it looked like it" said Karre "I could hardly watch."
Check out Amy in this short film where she goes head to head with another Portland cycling icon Mr. Ira Ryan. Fear not, she got him at the line.
FRANZ BAKERY CRIT - WOMEN 1/2/3
1 - Anna Christiansen - Ironclad Performance Wear
2 - Brianna Walle - Ironclad Performance Wear
3 - Amy Campbell - IBKC
4 - Mindy Simmons
5 - Tina Brubaker - Upper Echelon Fitness
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC