We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Tomorrow morning Friday, September 14th the Fireflies West will start their 5th annual ride from San Francisco, along the coast of California, to Los Angeles. Over the course of five days and 550 miles, the Fireflies West will cycle through some of the most beautiful vistas this country has to offer. They ride each year with the intention of testing their mettle against the elements, the wilds of California, but they also in support of City of Hope. If you wish to join in sending them off tomorrow they will roll out from Goodby Silverstein & Partners tomorrow morning. See below for details.
The Fireflies have been doing their thing, and have raised a few pounds too — for leukemia and other cancer research — since 2001. In 2010 their 10th anniversary collaboration the Fireflies + Colnago bike that their European counterparts rode through the French Alps was featured in the Rapha Cycle Club London. They have been successful because of the partners they have taken on, but more so because of the great number of people coming together to support their cause. There are many ways to support this endeavor, Donate Now, as well as join them in their send off tomorrow morning as they depart from Goodby Silverstein & Partners (which will also double as a bone marrow registration drive). Good luck to the Fireflies West as they embark on their journey and in their very words…
For those who suffer we ride.
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG