We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Tomorrow morning Friday, September 14th the Fireflies West will start their 5th annual ride from San Francisco, along the coast of California, to Los Angeles. Over the course of five days and 550 miles, the Fireflies West will cycle through some of the most beautiful vistas this country has to offer. They ride each year with the intention of testing their mettle against the elements, the wilds of California, but they also in support of City of Hope. If you wish to join in sending them off tomorrow they will roll out from Goodby Silverstein & Partners tomorrow morning. See below for details.
The Fireflies have been doing their thing, and have raised a few pounds too — for leukemia and other cancer research — since 2001. In 2010 their 10th anniversary collaboration the Fireflies + Colnago bike that their European counterparts rode through the French Alps was featured in the Rapha Cycle Club London. They have been successful because of the partners they have taken on, but more so because of the great number of people coming together to support their cause. There are many ways to support this endeavor, Donate Now, as well as join them in their send off tomorrow morning as they depart from Goodby Silverstein & Partners (which will also double as a bone marrow registration drive). Good luck to the Fireflies West as they embark on their journey and in their very words…
For those who suffer we ride.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb