[ locale string ]
Tomorrow morning Friday, September 14th the Fireflies West will start their 5th annual ride from San Francisco, along the coast of California, to Los Angeles. Over the course of five days and 550 miles, the Fireflies West will cycle through some of the most beautiful vistas this country has to offer. They ride each year with the intention of testing their mettle against the elements, the wilds of California, but they also in support of City of Hope. If you wish to join in sending them off tomorrow they will roll out from Goodby Silverstein & Partners tomorrow morning. See below for details.
The Fireflies have been doing their thing, and have raised a few pounds too — for leukemia and other cancer research — since 2001. In 2010 their 10th anniversary collaboration the Fireflies + Colnago bike that their European counterparts rode through the French Alps was featured in the Rapha Cycle Club London. They have been successful because of the partners they have taken on, but more so because of the great number of people coming together to support their cause. There are many ways to support this endeavor, Donate Now, as well as join them in their send off tomorrow morning as they depart from Goodby Silverstein & Partners (which will also double as a bone marrow registration drive). Good luck to the Fireflies West as they embark on their journey and in their very words…
For those who suffer we ride.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS