We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Fireflies + Colnago
This Summer the Fireflies celebrate their 10th anniversary and to mark the occasion a limited run of custom Colnago Master X-Lights and EPS frames have been constructed. Rapha Cycle Club hosted the arrival of the bikes, which will be ridden by the Fireflies in the French Alps as they bid to raise one million pounds for leukaemia charity Leuka.
The name Fireflies was coined on the first ride in 2000. Riding after-dark on the steep descent of the Col de Turini, the riders were guided safely down by fireflies glowing at the side of the road. Established to support a research and treatment unit for leukaemia at Hammersmith Hospital in London, the Fireflies now consists of 70 riders. Since its inception Fireflies have raised over £700,000 with an annual eight day tour of 1000km across the Alps. This year they hope to reach the £1 million mark.
With full endorsement from Ernesto Colnago, this is the first time the renowned Italian frame-builder has designed a bike uniquely for a charity. Not only are both the X-Light (steel) and EPS (carbon) some of the best frames available, they also sport really distinctive custom paint jobs. Founding Firefly, Chris Haworth, said “The bikes are real collectors items. The money we are hoping to raise through the ride and sales of the frames is hugely important for the treatment unit in Hammersmith which has been at the forefront of leukaemia treatment for thirty years.”
Frames will be available to buy in late July. 20 will be available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for purchase enquiries.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC