We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Fireflies + Colnago
This Summer the Fireflies celebrate their 10th anniversary and to mark the occasion a limited run of custom Colnago Master X-Lights and EPS frames have been constructed. Rapha Cycle Club hosted the arrival of the bikes, which will be ridden by the Fireflies in the French Alps as they bid to raise one million pounds for leukaemia charity Leuka.
The name Fireflies was coined on the first ride in 2000. Riding after-dark on the steep descent of the Col de Turini, the riders were guided safely down by fireflies glowing at the side of the road. Established to support a research and treatment unit for leukaemia at Hammersmith Hospital in London, the Fireflies now consists of 70 riders. Since its inception Fireflies have raised over £700,000 with an annual eight day tour of 1000km across the Alps. This year they hope to reach the £1 million mark.
With full endorsement from Ernesto Colnago, this is the first time the renowned Italian frame-builder has designed a bike uniquely for a charity. Not only are both the X-Light (steel) and EPS (carbon) some of the best frames available, they also sport really distinctive custom paint jobs. Founding Firefly, Chris Haworth, said “The bikes are real collectors items. The money we are hoping to raise through the ride and sales of the frames is hugely important for the treatment unit in Hammersmith which has been at the forefront of leukaemia treatment for thirty years.”
Frames will be available to buy in late July. 20 will be available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for purchase enquiries.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS