Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Fireflies + Colnago
This Summer the Fireflies celebrate their 10th anniversary and to mark the occasion a limited run of custom Colnago Master X-Lights and EPS frames have been constructed. Rapha Cycle Club hosted the arrival of the bikes, which will be ridden by the Fireflies in the French Alps as they bid to raise one million pounds for leukaemia charity Leuka.
The name Fireflies was coined on the first ride in 2000. Riding after-dark on the steep descent of the Col de Turini, the riders were guided safely down by fireflies glowing at the side of the road. Established to support a research and treatment unit for leukaemia at Hammersmith Hospital in London, the Fireflies now consists of 70 riders. Since its inception Fireflies have raised over £700,000 with an annual eight day tour of 1000km across the Alps. This year they hope to reach the £1 million mark.
With full endorsement from Ernesto Colnago, this is the first time the renowned Italian frame-builder has designed a bike uniquely for a charity. Not only are both the X-Light (steel) and EPS (carbon) some of the best frames available, they also sport really distinctive custom paint jobs. Founding Firefly, Chris Haworth, said “The bikes are real collectors items. The money we are hoping to raise through the ride and sales of the frames is hugely important for the treatment unit in Hammersmith which has been at the forefront of leukaemia treatment for thirty years.”
Frames will be available to buy in late July. 20 will be available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for purchase enquiries.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.