Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Fireflies + Colnago
This Summer the Fireflies celebrate their 10th anniversary and to mark the occasion a limited run of custom Colnago Master X-Lights and EPS frames have been constructed. Rapha Cycle Club hosted the arrival of the bikes, which will be ridden by the Fireflies in the French Alps as they bid to raise one million pounds for leukaemia charity Leuka.
The name Fireflies was coined on the first ride in 2000. Riding after-dark on the steep descent of the Col de Turini, the riders were guided safely down by fireflies glowing at the side of the road. Established to support a research and treatment unit for leukaemia at Hammersmith Hospital in London, the Fireflies now consists of 70 riders. Since its inception Fireflies have raised over £700,000 with an annual eight day tour of 1000km across the Alps. This year they hope to reach the £1 million mark.
With full endorsement from Ernesto Colnago, this is the first time the renowned Italian frame-builder has designed a bike uniquely for a charity. Not only are both the X-Light (steel) and EPS (carbon) some of the best frames available, they also sport really distinctive custom paint jobs. Founding Firefly, Chris Haworth, said “The bikes are real collectors items. The money we are hoping to raise through the ride and sales of the frames is hugely important for the treatment unit in Hammersmith which has been at the forefront of leukaemia treatment for thirty years.”
Frames will be available to buy in late July. 20 will be available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for purchase enquiries.
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG